[IP] Re: nasty hypo guy

In a message dated 10/19/00 10:06:17 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Perhaps, she doesn't have confidence that if you DO pass out, that
 SHE will be able to take care of it.  Has she had any training in
 how to deal with a passed-out diabetic?  Perhaps if you and she
 could go see your CDE or endo *together* and work out precisely
 how to handle it if you pass out (with a glucagon injection that
 *she's practiced on you ahead of time* with saline or some other
 method that the CDE/endo recommends), she might not have as
 much reason to panic and then may be able to wait it out. >>
my dh went to pump class with me and actually gave himself
a shot of saline so the cde could see he would know how to
give me glucagon.  I was amazed he did that for me.
Getting some training herself might help her feel better
handling the situation.

Faith  u
We are all slow drips without coffee