[IP] RE: cause for type 1/what now?

I was told that same spiel about the virus and the auto-immune thing.  But
the running joke with my family and close friends is that I caught it at the
bus stop.  I was diagnosised in the 10th grade on Christmas eve.(Merry
Christmas!!!)  Just four months prior another girl that rode the bus to
school with me and caught the bus at the same stop as me was diagnosised.  I
got it from her.

And the really scary news is that people who don't know the running joke or
much about Diabetes say, (picture with a horrid facial expression) "You can
get diabetes that way????!!!"  Then I have the chance to explain diabetes
and set them straight.