[IP] Re: Help

> Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 16:30:13 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Tim D iabetic <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] Help
> I'll be hookin up with MM in a few days (no pun
> intended), and I want to use the Softserter since
> it'll be a new experience with the insertion. Could
> you give me a little detail on it?
> thanks,
> tim
You will probably get a lot of replies on this one, but, here goes.  The
'Softserter' is a device very much like the spring loaded lancet
devices...works on that principle.  It is designed to have the softset
needle's head lock into it.  After all is ready, you hold the loaded
softserter over the place you have prepared for your new site and push the
button.  It releases and propels the introducer needle carrying the cannula
into your chosen site quickly and painlessly.

Not once has it hurt me!  It makes site changing quite painless.  I must say
that the first few times, just thinking about pressing that button would
hold me back.  But, I have done it enough times now to know it is quick and

I hope that helps.  Have you seen the video yet from Minimed?  I think there
is a section where someone demonstrates using the Softserter.

Hope that gives you an idea of what it is/does.
My Home Page
Painter, Poser, Expression,  WET Images, MidC Images