Re: [IP] Dr. Joe's e-news for 10/19/00

> This seems to be true.  I have
>seen people in hypoglycemic coma for 12 to 24 hours and awaken without
>Nor does there seem to be any detectable brain damage.  I know there are
>studies that might tend to refute what I just said but my experience does
>not support brain injury with hypoglycemia.

In my experience; hypos "go away" w/o treatment once the liver kicks in.
However; I know of one late teen diabetic in Halifax who did indeed become
a vergitable due to a hypo coma.  This was big news at teh local diabetes
centres back then - probably 20 years ago.  It can happen.  I worry more
about the busy highway I drive on.

Darrin Parker
email @ redacted   Nova Scotia, Canada!