[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #565

Hi Leslie, For some reason, alot of non diabetics seem to think the word
"pump" is a turnoff. The front desk gal at my endo's office hated that I was
calling our support group pumpers. She said it sounds like we are all nursing
mothers!  This, from a gal who worked with pump users all day long. And I
could not convince her that the name was ok with us. After 36 years of
diabetes, Ive learned its almost impossible to educate people about our
desease. I can't tell you how many times Ive tried to explain to people when
I need sugar and when I don't. A gal whom I had just met, kept saying, Im so
sorry you are so sick!  But you don't look sick! Joan