Re: [IP] New Humulin Mixed Insulin..

> to it.  Would I ever love to have them make a mix of Humalog and Regular
> Insulins.  How convenient that would be.  I wonder how this NPH/H mix
> would work in the pump......anybody try a mix like this?

The NPH/H mix would be a nightmare in the pump.  The H part would give a
short, quick peak while the NPH part would be spread out over an indefinite
time period (remember that NPH has a very broad absorption curve that
isn't very stable).  That means you'd always be having to tinker with the
basal rate (in realtime) because you'd essentially be having unpredictable
absorption around the clock.  The H and the basal rate eliminate the need
for any of the longer acting insulins.

Rev. Randall Winchester
WD4HVA (email @ redacted)