[IP] RE: Exercise-basal rate changes-carbs

> .... <snip>..........  Also remember that fructose will go into reserves
> right away, while simple sugars will go right into your blood.  And your
> eating 1/2 hour after exercise should stimulate you to bolus....

Whew, this brings me to something I hope someone here can clarify for me.  I
seem to remember reading an interesting article in The Diabetes Educator a
long time ago.  Glucose, which all carbs end up as, rapidly gets into the
blood and most of it gets to the liver.  Fructose, on the other hand, takes
a different pathway and only about 50% ends up as glucose (and much slower)
while the remainder ends up as triglycerides.  Does anyone have any info on
this?  Thanks......

John Kinsley
Type 1 - 1956
MM 507 - 1998