Re: [IP] Other people's reactions to pumping

Gus (8 dxd 10/19/98 making it two years tomorrow,) started pumping 5 weeks
ago near the beginning of soccer season.  During our walk to the car arfter
last Sunday's doubleheader he told me that now kids on the OTHER team are
asking him what he's wearing at his waist.  When he replied that it was his
pump, the boy asked what kind?...a soccer pump? ...that's it...a SOCCER
pump!  When the ref thinks the ball is getting a little low....  Oh to be 8!
Gus's best explanation for himself and others is that the pump is his
pancreas.  His doesn't make insulin anymore, so this provides it almost like
one inside his body would (except for those details, details.)