Re: to Notha--Re: [IP] the non-diabetic

>Also...MY FAMILY MEMBERS and this lady are convinced the reason I am on the >pump is because I HAVE REALLY REALLY BAD DIABETES.
>I have nearly given up trying to tell them.

Believe it or not, people's misconceptions about the pump can actually
work to your advantage in some cases. Shane's grandma is convinced that
he is "cured" and "normal like everyone else". We have not bothered to
correct her because she lets him eat whatever he wants now. It used to
be this hideous scene at every family gathering about here's the
"special" dessert for Shane and g*d forbid she catch him eating the
"normal" dessert. He once passed out from a low at her house because she
wouldn't give him anything with sugar in it and he was so far gone
already that he couldn't get up and go find something for himself. Of
course old habits die hard - she still buys him "sugar-free" candies
that have 20 carbs a serving in them...