[IP] QID & Exactech Pen

> From: Laura Arns <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] qid
> Shane had an old black Exactech pen style meter which didn't
> really work anymore. So I called them and asked for a new one (which I
> knew would be a Precision Pen) which they said they would gladly do.
> Then they sent me one of those black credit card meters.
> Anyway, we eventually got the pen that Shane wanted, but
> apparently if you want one, they've still got the black credit card
> meters, and they claim to still have the old style test strips (although
> I have never seen them at the pharmacy).
> Laura

i love my Exactech pen and have been using it for at least seven years - as
my purse meter. I use the Accu-Chek complete for my regular, home meter. The
pen is supposed to be good for 2000 tests and since there is no *counter* to
know, I always feel like the next test will be the last one. I called
MediSense the other day requesting another pen. I was told they didn't have
them but I would be sent something. The package arrived this week. What was
in it? A manual to use the pen/credit card style meters and propaganda for
the QID!  What a disappointment. Now, pray tell, what am I supposed to do
with that worthless manual? (Put it on my BASH display table??) I do have
the credit card style meter but the case has such a loud snapping noise I
don't like to use it. I try to be discreet (YMMV) and when sitting in church
to check, I don't like the *snap*, *snap* of it.

I still find the Exactech strips in pharmacies in north central Indiana.

http://maxpages.com/bludasue ܰ