[IP] RE: cause for type 1

My doctor also told me that there is a medical belief that there is a
relationship between viruses and IDDM.  People with auto-immune problems are
likely to develop similar medical conditions: rheumatoid arthritis. IDDM,
and all those other problems we keep asking if anyone else has.

The theory he told me was that while my body was weaken with a childhood
virus, I developed a secondary infection that cause my body to attack the
islets.  And, without my body producing any insulin, I had symptoms in
months, not years.

As usual, everyone on this list is different.  But the theory makes sense to