From: Liz Davis [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2000 1:03 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: RE: [IP] cause for type 1

At 12:46 PM 10/17/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>I believe this "theory".  I was one of those people that actually had a
>virus just before being rushed to the hospital with a blood sugar of over
>900.  Are there any studies going on that anyone knows about that I could
>contribute to?

Remember not to confuse correlation with causality, Lea.  Just because you
had a virus before diagnosis does not mean the virus caused the
diabetes.  You could very well have been an undiagnosed diabetic before you
caught the virus.  It's possible that the virus just caused your (already
high) blood sugars to sky rocket.

It's the causality that has yet to be proven.