[IP] half century of DM

> Steve Levinson <email @ redacted>
> I was diagnosed with type 1 in 1951-- 50 years ago this
> December 23rd.

It's too bad we have to meet because of a disease/condition. Welcome, and
congratulations on so many years of living this *lifestyle.* I hate to be
the bearer of bad news, however, your 50th anniversary won't be until
12/23/01. Do you know you can get a bronze medal from the Joslin Diabetes
Center in Boston for a half century of IDDM? If you send in paperwork that
proves your diagnosis date, they will review it and send the medal to you
the month following your anniversary date. ܰ