RE: [IP] cause for type 1

I believe this "theory".  I was one of those people that actually had a
virus just before being rushed to the hospital with a blood sugar of over
900.  Are there any studies going on that anyone knows about that I could
contribute to?

Lea I
"You think dogs will not be in heaven?  I tell you, they will be there long
before any of us."
-- Robert Louis Stevenson

> I was also told the same thing, that diabetes can be caused
> by a virus.

That's one of the current theories.  Type 1 DM is associated with some
viruses, notably Coxsackievirus, which is similar (and related) to
Poliovirus.  However, no causal relationship has been established.
Jim Handsfield