Re: [IP] totally FED up

Hi Amy,
I'm 24 and I know what you are going through..... I've had three UTI and one major kidney infection that landed me in the ER all 3x's.... I was just recently in the hospital this past weekend.....I had back pain, vomiting, and OUTRAGEOUS blood sugars..... I DO NOT like hospitals.... and I had to be so out of it, that my parents brought me there.... once they get it under control...I swear you will feel so much better.  But you have to get rid of that infection!  And without help "our" bodies are not capable of doing it...
I hope you are feeling better soon..... God I know the pain these infections cause, and we are so much more prone to them.....

Jenny

>>> "Kathy Trondsen" <email @ redacted> 10/13/00 09:44PM >>>
Amy,
    Liz is right -- this sounds like a UTI that has gotten into your
kidneys.  This is a really serious infection, and is probably enough by
itself to screw up your insulin needs totally.  So it may not have anything
to do with your sites (or it might -- just no way to tell at this point).
    If you haven't already, you need to go to an ER or an urgent care center
and get them to check you for kidney infection.  This is especially urgent
if you are running a fever, but you might not know if you've been taking
fever-reducers for the back pain.  Also, be sure to ask whatever doctor you
see if you should be taking three kinds of antibiotic at the same time -- I
don't know what they are or what they were for, but three at once seems like
they might interfere with each other.  Take the bottles along with you so
you don't have to deal with the 'she's fifteen, she doesn't know what
medicine she's taking c**p -- you don't need the aggravation.  Take a book
along -- they'll probably make you wait, but you need a doctor to actually
see you.

Hope you feel better soon.

Take care,
Kathy Trondsen