[IP] insurance vent

I have had such an upsetting morning.  I am almost out of tenders but the
rest of the 3 month supply i got with the pump is ok.  Well called Disetronic
and they had me call my insurance.  Talked to this wacked out lady (I am so
upset with this) and she said to get more supplies for my pump i would have
to have my PCP send a letter stating i needed pump supllies to their medical
board so they could decide whether I needed them and who I should be getting
supplies from.  I told her you don't understand I have an insulin pump.  She
said I know that but this is what you have to do.  She could not be reasoned
with.  Well, I'm in tears, as far as I know my PCP doesn't even know I have a
pump (haven't seen her) or what supplies it might need.  She doesn't take
care of the diabetes at all.  My endo ordered the pump but the insurance
didn't want to hear from her.
I am crying hard, bad morning, almost out of tenders and don't want to do the
around the clock test BS and give self shot business.
I can't understand when they have paid $4,975 for this $5000 pump why they
wouldn't know I would need supplies for it??  I don't know why i wasn't told
I'd have to go thru this mess before I could be approved for supplies???????
Well after crying for 20 minutes I got a call back from the insurance
company, from their diabetes case manager person.  She says the authorization
was already set up and in my file for supplies for a year.  She wouldn't tell
me why this other idiot lady gave me such a hard time about the whole mess.
So now any time I have a question about the pump stuff I have her direct
number so I can talk to her not some idiot answering phones who doesn't know
what she is doing and should get fired if I had something to say about it.  I
also have my authorization # to give to Disetronic myself anytime i need
Just needed to share my adventures in pump coverage, golly.
thanks for listening...

type 1 diagnosed 9-81
new pumper!!
started 8-21-2000