[IP] Re: didn't know you were a diabetic

In a message dated 10/16/00 10:55:40 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Our departmental accountant was telling me about an acquaintance who
 was on the pump but was overweight and ate a poor diet but didn't care and
 just bolused the heck out of it.  I fidgeted until I couldn't take it any
 more and told her my situation and the realities of type one diabetes.
 People don't know the difference between type 1 and type 2 and have a lot of
 preconceived notions.  >>
I have a friend with a father and 2 siblings with type 1.
We were talking about the pump and she told me she thought
it was just an excuse for diabetics to not do what they are
supposed to and if any of her kids come down with diabetes
(and they could, runs in the fam) she'd keep them on a strict
diet like her mom did them and not let them do whatever
they wanted to with a pump.
I let her know i was doing what my dr told me to do and left
it at that.  Can't argue with someone who is so sure they are
right and anyone who thinks differently is wrong.

Faith  u
We are all slow drips without coffee