[IP] The Pump's "Bad Image"?

Does the "Insulin Pump" have a bad presidence about
it, especially with young adults? I know with myself
holding off on the pump when my doctor wanted me to
use this type of intensive therapy was not taken well
for these reasons:

* The name "Pump" seemed barbaric to me. It still does
not seem to be something that is attractive to myself
and I'm sure to others.

* Being told that you can never disconnect from it
does sound misleading. And was a misconception I had.
It was not explained well to someone like myself who
had never even heard of such a thing.

These are just a few problematic things that I have
observed of the image for intensive infusion insulin
therapy. And is something important to give careful
attention to since the majority using this product
will be impressionable young adults. What do you think?

Do You Yahoo!?