[IP] Re: Insurance letter

In a message dated 10/12/00 3:18:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Subject: Re: [IP] Insurance letter
 Who sent the letter to the insurance co.?  A pump company? (which one?).
 They certainly should be more knowledgeable than they sound.  Contact them
 and let them know just how many errors they made and how it may effect your
 receiving a pump.  Minimed helped me with an insurance letter but they sent
 the letter to me first so that I could proofread it and make any
  I don't blame you for being upset it sounds like someone didn't do their
 correctly by writing and sending that letter without contacting you.  Let
 them know just how upset you are (speak to someone in patient relations or a
 manager not just the letter writer) and get them to make corrections to the
 letter and contact the ins. co.  Getting a pump is hard enough without stuff
 like that happening!  Tell them to get their facts straight!
 The letter was written by the endos secretary.  I called her in regard to
the errors.  She said she followed a form that they had on file. It was one
of those "fill in the blanks" things.  I questioned her on the errors and she
said the doctor read the letter and signed it. It has taken many months to
get this far.  Saturday I received a notice that one of our insurance
policies would not be in effect after 10/31!   I sure would like to get the
pump before then!  We will appeal the inusrance decision and hopefully have
the policy reinstated.
Never dreamed I'd be battling insurance companies, endos, schools, family and
friends over diabetes!
Grand-mom to Cory
age 11 ~ dx'd 12/28/98