[IP] RE: wearing a pump

> From: "wombn" <email @ redacted>
> I haven't got a pump yet.  I only just started the ball rolling on
> getting one.  One of my biggest concerns would be what it's like to
> wear one.  A couple weeks ago, I asked alt.support.diabetes what
> it's like.  I worried that it would feel like I was wearing colostomy
> bag (I have bad associations with that.

The above was written to Richard - he is unhappy with the pump. It kind of
tickles me when people complain about the *beeper* (VERRRRYY common item
today) size of this *gadget* that gives freedom with a tether and much
better control. If you want to *see* what it was like in the *good ol'
days*, visit my website and my first pump can be accessed where it says
PHOTOS. That one had a counterpart (Eugly - Autosyringe?) that had a red
flashing light and one person was surrounded by police in a McDonald's since
they thought he was wired for a bomb! Stares were quite common - insulin
delivered in whole units only - even basals, no memory, etc. I did that for
6 weeks, then used one the size of a pack of king-sized cigarettes for nine
years - I was thrilled with THAT small size! Of course, my family was

Some pumps even delivered the meal basals at the times the internal clocks
were set to run. I vociferously balked against a pump with a clock since I
wanted to be in control. My pump company quit making them and a MiniMed rep
called to tell me about the 506. I asked if it had a clock? Yes. I wasn't in
the least interested. Rep said, "But you've got to hear what this one does."
I used the MM 506 for 6 years, now have a 507C - Blue. ܰ