Re: [IP] Next Generation - MiniMed 511

On 15 Oct 2000, at 18:37, tim d wrote:

> Has anyone heard anything on Minimed's next pump. the
> 511? I'm trying to decide if I should just get on the
> 508 or wait till the 511. It is supposed to have some
> major improvements over the previous model, but is it
> worth waiting for.

I haven't read anything on the 511 in a few months.  But waiting on
the newest model of pump is like buying computers.  As soon as
you've bought it, someone else will announce they are coming out
with the "latest and greatest" model of all.  If you keep waiting,
you'll never enjoy the benefits of pumping at all.  If I was aware of
the benefits I've enjoyed being on a pump, I would have gotten a
506 when it came out.  You can always find someway to upgrade.
Start computing, and start those benefits now!