[IP] Re: diff story - same junk

I wrote:
> >I met with some people yesterday in Chicago from another list. They came
> >from Georgia, Ohio, Texas, and Indiana. One gal who had a kidney/pancreas
> >transplant four years ago said she asked her endo 10 years ago if she
> >be on a pump? He said, No, they are only for Type 2's who take insulin.
> >(!!!!!!!) Now how's that for ignoring a patient's needs?
> >Aaaarrrrggghhhhhhhhhhh

Barbara Bradley asked:
> ONLY Type 2's? ONLY???????? Where has he been?  That wasn't a typo, was it
> Jan?

No, it was NOT a typo - her endo said 10 years ago pumping was only for
T-2's on insulin.

Then Jan StillLow wrote:

> FINALLY they're recognizing that type 2s can go on pumps, too? :-)
> Jan and Elvis

Ummmmm - FINALLY?? This was 10 yrs ago and that endo wouldn't recognize his
Type 1 wanted/needed one. Said ONLY T-2's could use them IF they were on
insulin. Was that a major copout or what??

Then Darrin Parker wrote:
> ArrrggghhhhH!   That's how I feel!  The endo must have been from Nova
> Scotia!   Wow!  I hope this girl gets another endo ASAP.

Getting a new endo ASAP is completely unnecessary since she was transplanted
with a new pancreas and kidney four years ago. She now deals with her
transplant center.

We went past Northwestern University while there to physically see the
building(s) for when I get off of the PC this a.m. and call to make my
appointment to get listed for a KPTX myself since my kidney function is now
at 18%.