Re: [IP] different story - same *junk*

>In a message dated 10/15/00 9:53:20 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
>email @ redacted writes:
><< No, they are only for Type 2's who take insulin.
> >(!!!!!!!) Now how's that for ignoring a patient's needs?
> >Aaaarrrrggghhhhhhhhhhh
> ArrrggghhhhH!   That's how I feel!  The endo must have been from Nova
> Scotia!  >>
>Are all docs from Nova Scotia idiots?  :-)  I had one once who is a native of
>Nova Scotia. We were about to part company anyway when he refused to
>authorize treatment for osteomylitis. Then we REALLY parted company!!! I
>coulda lost my foot! (He also believes pumps are dangerous. Good thing he was
>my PCP and not my endo.)

This is amazing!  I'm sure just a coincidence though.  I am sure we must
have some very good doctors here but I've only encountered a few.

I do know for fact though that there is only one endo here who sees pumpers
and he is very much against the pump and strives to get everyone off of it
ASAP as it "lowers the quality of life and has no positive effect on bg's".
His words.

As far as GP's go:  Myself and other diabetics have not found one yet who
has even seen a pump none have ever heard of the CBGM.

Still; it seems all healthcare people trained in NS insist that it is the
diabetics who are to blame for less than perfect bg control as "all you ned
to do is find a schedule and stick to it".

ArrggghhhH!  And again:   Arrrggghhhhh!

Darrin Parker
email @ redacted   Nova Scotia, Canada!