[IP] delete files

I now have 956 deleted files from all the e-mail!  I can't figure out how to
delete the deleted files unless I do it one at a time.. You would think
there was a way to do it by highlighting a large group and then presssing
the delete button but I can't figure it out.  I know this is not a pumper
question however with the amount of mail we all receive from this group I
thought most of you would be experts in this too.  Thank you  Carol Teal