Re: [IP] Doppler & Leg Clots!!

Hi Peter,       I suffered a DVT "Deep Vein Thrombosis" Or blood clots as
most call them in May of 1998 in my left leg in two areas !!!  They
Diagnosed a series of clots by using Doppler!! Doppler is similiar to ultra
sound when A women is pregnant and  has pictures taken of her baby!! They
put gel on your legs and scan it with a probe type instrument, there is NO
PAIN When they do the test!! The first sign of clots is USALLY Cramps as
Sara discribed in her post!!  You usally have cramps in the calf and foot
that are so painfull that you can hardly put pressure on that leg!! And the
Leg usally becomes very swollen!! The Leg becomes kinda like a light
brownish red!! Having clots is a VERY SERIOUS THING!! If left untreated or
not dected in time the clots can move to the lungs and cause whats called a
"pulminary embolism"= Lung clots!!! YOU CAN DIE FROM THIS CONDITION AS IT
CAUSES CONJESTIVE HEART FAILURE IF NOT TREATED!! The first Treatment after
being diagnosed is a clot busting drug called heparin to get rid of the leg
clots and then a drug called coumadin To be perscribed over a period of time
to prevent future clots from forming!!  Knee or thigh high compression
stockings are also Percribed to Reduce the Swelling in the leg or Legs!!! I
hope this Helps You Your welcome to write me personally with any question
you might have!!  THIS IS MY OPINION AND DOSEN'T REFLECT ON WHAT OTHERS MAY
THINK!!ANY ONE WITH THESE SYMTOMS SHOULD SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION!!  Take Care
C J Jutras Lewiston, Maine :o)