Re: [IP] First week on pump!!

Gail wrote:

<<But here's the problem how do I help him adjust to this wonderful
new lifestyle. Example: I worked really late tonight and then went
swimming. When I got home he was in a panic because he thought
I was going to crash because I was going to eat dinner so late and
had been swimming. Reality was I was fine a bg was 124. He is so
use to "feeding the insulin peaks." I have tried to explain the
"philosophy" and that I can now wait to eat and not having to
"cover" my insulin. Any suggestions for the spouse? >>

Congrats on starting the pump, Gail.  I've had 'betes for 37 years, when I
met my hubby 24 years ago, I was the first experience he'd ever had with
anyone with 'betes.  I've been on my pump for 5 months now, and it's been a
real change for him too.  He went through all the ups and downs over those
years we've been together.  It took him a little while to get used to the
idea that now I only need to eat when I'm hungry, not when I "have to".
After 5 months, he's finally gotten used to it.  He's just as thrilled with
pumping as I am, and he no longer fears me being home alone and having lows.
Give your hubby a little time, eventually he'll get used to the idea, mine
did.  :o)

RoseLea (and Max)