Re: [IP] Info Needed on Supplies

> Hi, this is my first week on the 508.  There are a few things you find
> out along the way, and I have a few questions-
> 1.  Do you think it's a good idea to inventory your supplies when they
> are shipped?  Are they ever short?
> 2.  Anyone else have a problem with the "wings" on the soft set?  It's
> digging in, and MM says I need to put the tapes down in a different
> order.
> 3.  Anyone ever got a disconnect that wont disconnect? I'm trying to
> figure out how to shower without disconnecting because I don't want to
> throw away a good set.
> 4.How early do you reorder supplies?  Is one month standard?
> Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi Laura--

1.  Always inventory your supplies--humans are packing it--there can always
be mistakes--we have not noticed any but it is always good to check.

2.  Bob has not had trouble with the wings sticking him but then he uses the
micro sofsets that have the adhesive on the wings.  I think you should
probably try putting down an IV 3000 first--maybe the one provided with the
hole in it and then insert the sofset and secure it with the other accutek
patch with the hole in it.  We always cover it all with a tegaderm
afterwards too.

3.  Well sometimes the disconnects are a bit tight and sometimes you think
you are turning it right and you need to turn it the other way.  If you
can't get it undone--just put your pump in a plastic bag and use a twist tie
and set it on some shelf in the shower or tie it to you somewhere.

4.  When you get the first supplies you usually get a 3 month supply.  If
you did get that much--then I would start to reorder in about 2 months.  But
you will need to check with MM or whoever your insurance company requires
you to buy them from.  We started out with MM but after the initial
supplies--we were required by our Aetna insurance to get the supplies from
Home Health in Phoenix.  They are very nice too and also offer helpful
suggestions when asked questions as does MM.

Hope this helps!  We are so happy to see that you are doing so well!  Keep
up the good work!

Diane &
email @ redacted
Type I for 44 years