Re: [IP] First week on pump!!

In a message dated 10/14/00 1:15:57 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I worked really late tonight and then went
 swimming. When I got home he was in a panic because he thought
 I was going to crash because I was going to eat dinner so late and
 had been swimming. Reality was I was fine a bg was 124. He is so
 use to "feeding the insulin peaks." I have tried to explain the
 "philosophy" and that I can now wait to eat and not having to
 "cover" my insulin. Any suggestions for the spouse?  >>

Oh, my, does this take me back to the beginnings of my pumping days!!! My
husband was so attuned to meals on schedule that he would suddenly look at
the clock, realize there was no dinner available, get this panicked look on
his face and start sputtering that I needed to eat. LOL  He eventually got
over that "habit," and your spouse will, too.

Jan and Elvis