Re: [IP] Q from an *Oldie*

On 13 Oct 2000, at 12:41, J Hughey wrote:

> I said all that to ask this (~_^): When you other *oldies* were
> approached with MDI or doing your own BGs, how did you accept it? (I
> think many of the newbies just know that's the way you treat DM not
> knowing *the Good ol' Days).

I got started on two a day in the early eighties, MDI didn't come
around for me till the early ninetys, 30 years of Dm by then.  After
that many shots, a few more a day didn't seem like much at all,
especially if it improved control.   I do remember first using the
glucometer, during my second phase of dating, and thinking "Wow,
now I can tell if I'm really in love or if I'm just going Hypo".  It was
so radical beginning to know what your Bgs were, not an indication
of what was happening 5+ hours ago.  Real time control.  The
Glucometer has to be the most significant invention to touch my
life, even more than my battery-operated pancreas.