Re: [IP] Q from an *Oldie*

In a message dated 10/13/00 12:44:02 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I said all that to ask this (~_^): When you other *oldies* were approached
 with MDI or doing your own BGs, how did you accept it? >>

I'm not an "oldie," but recall that when my doctor told me I had to check my
BGs (no further instructions, like what meter, how to do it, how to write the
numbers down, what acceptable ranges were -- nothing!), it took me a week to
get up the nerve to stick my finger the first time.

About MDI -- I asked for it after less than one year on 2 shots per day. I
wanted more flexibility.

Jan and Elvis