From: "Sherry Compton" <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2000 7:28 AM
Subject: [IP] My trip to the ob/gyn

> I went to the obstetrician yesterday.  He had to go deliver a baby, so my
appointment was about an hour late, and I somehow had a bad low in his
waiting room.  Luckily my
> husband was with me and fetched me juice.  It came on so quickly, I'm not
sure what would have happened if I had been alone.
> Anyway, I really like Dr. Gass.  He said he will continue to see me, as
long as I use my endo to work with my blood sugar.  He wanted to be sure I
know he will be handing
> the obstetric stuff, not the endo stuff, but he has worked with my endo
for patients before. I'm feeling very hopeful and excited now.
> He scheduled me for an ultrasound next Friday.  I didn't even know they
could do them this early! Then I went to the lab for blood work.
Unfortunately, I only have one
> small visible vein in either arm.  They wanted to fill five vials and had
to stick me three times to get four.  They would have tried my hands, but I
have no visible veins
> there either.   They decided four would be just fine, thanks.
> Anyways, that's my exciting visit to the doctor.  My mother-in-law swears
that you can predict the sex of the baby by what color vitamins you take, so
I'm going out to look