Re: [IP] zoloft

Zoloft is a 20 year old drug that is still widely prescribed because it works
so well on so many people.  My 9 year old son went on a .75 daily dose for 18
months.  Since that treatment 2 years ago, he has been a happy child with a
whole new life.  Before the Zoloft, there was testing for learning
disabilities, speculation about ADD or ADHD, talk therapy and lots of
ridiculous advice to the parents.  I suggested taking something, his
child/adolscent psychiatrist chose Zoloft, his "drug of choice" and the rest
is history.  I don't want to oversell it, but this is our story.  I am so
grateful something helped my son who was truly depressed and had been since
he was about 3.  Yes, kids can get clinically depressed too.  And their
symptoms aren't necessarily the same as adults.  Now, my adult sister took
Zoloft, and it didn't work that well.  It made her insomnia worse, so she
ended up not on an antidepressant but just .5 dose of klonopin for her sleep.
 And that helped just by allowing her to sleep at night.  I think Zoloft is
one of those seratonin receptor drugs.  Look it up on the Internet.