[IP] Strange smells

> And even though I smoke, I have a far more sensitive sense of
> smell than most people.  I can smell things they simply can't.  Like
> wood smoke.  They'll say they have no idea what I'm talking about,
> and --feeling rather lunatic-- I'll go in search of it.. and find it.
> time.

I have a great sensitivity to cigarette smoke and perfumes. I can sit at a
traffic signal, windows rolled up with a/c on and start coughing - then see
a car next to me with a cigarette hanging out the window. We were in a
restaurant in the no smoking section. I started coughing and complained
about the smoke. The waitress ASSURED me there was NO smoking. The people I
was with finally noticed it too. Then we figured out it was coming through
the ventilation system. The smoking rooms were completely separated by
walls, doors, and a hallway. Some people tell me not to think about it - but
I start coughing before I even see the *offender*.  I cough and eventually
find where it is coming from. I don't look for it - then start coughing.

Also, I can smell someone who has been out in the sun even for a brief
period of time - like to get the mail at the end of the yard. YMMV ܰ