Re: !!Re: [IP] Strange Smells

The only time I've ever noticed increased odor-sensing or change in
tastes was the brief period of time I was able to quit smoking
(please don't anyone get on my case--it doesn't work that way--it's
best to just ignore it).

It was actually really upsetting to get all those smells.  I'd smell
people's natural scents as they walked by in the hall or leaned over
my desk for something.  And they were clean people.  I found it
really off-putting at first.

And even though I smoke, I have a far more sensitive sense of
smell than most people.  I can smell things they simply can't.  Like
wood smoke.  They'll say they have no idea what I'm talking about,
and --feeling rather lunatic-- I'll go in search of it.. and find it.  Every
time.

I want to mention that strange smells could be a neurological
symptom.  Some forms of neurological disorders (aka mental
health disorders) are associated with it.  I'd rather not put any
diagnosis names to it, because I'll surely put the wrong one(s) and
get everything off on the wrong path.  But it is worth noting that it
could be neurological changes of some kind.  Not necessarily bad
ones though!

Don't quote me on any of this.  I ain't a doc and have no
experience/expertise in that area.