Re: [IP] High fat foods

Lea Idlewine wrote:
> I have a question about high fat foods.  How do you determine whether a food
> is "high fat"?  For instance, when looking at the nutrition facts about Ritz
> Bits Peanut Butter Sandwiches, it tells me that the serving amount is 14
> sandwiches, in each serving there is 18 g of carbs and 8 g of total fat.
> This morning, I ate 14 sandwiches at about 9:30 and figured everything out
> correctly according to the label on the box.  When I checked my bs 2 hours
> later, it was 205.  Too high for me and I wondered if that was because the
> sandwiches are high fat and I should have used a "square wave" bolus.

I don't think labels are all that accurate. I once measured out to the
gram a serving of spaghetti and tomato sauce (both labeled), and ate it,
and ended up at almost 300 2 hours later.

Thinking that was weird, I did the same thing the next day, and got the
same results.

Whereupon I concluded that the labeling was just plain wrong.

Before you question my carb ratios, they work pretty well -- I can
normally stay under 200 just by eyeballing (and being honest with

I really think bolusing is both a science AND an art -- and you learn a
lot by trial and error!

 Type Weird, pumping!
 mailto:email @ redacted