[IP] D with adverse effects

 OR their diabetes must have adverse effects on
 thier educational performance. >>

I am so happy to hear that most graduated high school college, etc with the
highest honors and never needed a 504 or IEP (individual education plan -
under other health impairments.
Kap was labeled adhd before dxd with D.  However, during the time span pre-D,
there was never an option for 504 or IEP given to us (his parents).  Only the
After his dxd of D, then the school pulled out the papers for an IEP, so that
he may test, be observed, not take a test if a low had occurred before
testing on a subject matter.  And modifications be given during educational
testing, he now works for 20 minutes and breaks, test bgs and treat if
necessary for high or lows.  If low, the test is stopped and started the next
day or later that afternoon.
Why the 20 minutes then a break is very simple for Kap, his hands go numb if
he writes for extended periods of time.
Also, if he is high, sorry guys, but he gets the giggles and there is no
amount of punishment stops him.  He does not have the understanding what
punishment means, When he gets high, he gets HIGH, drunk high right down to
the glassed over eyes, falling down.  After he comes down he remembers things
but they are fuzzy to him, and then the fatigue sets in. (Nap time)
Lows he is very loving and sweet and extremely creative.
Quite the opposite of what I was told to expect.
Kap is very bright.  (Got from his Mom) but I would not and do not expect him
to take an educational test that places in a certain group of slow or fast
learners if he didn't have those modifications to his education.
As a parent, I want and get his education standards put on a level playing
Otherwise, I would feel like I didn't do what was right for Kap.
D has adverse effects on Kap.  There is no question about it, Mood swings,
concentration, ability to reason, fatigue, etc.
Personally, if I had to go to the bathroom, that alone would affect my
thinking skills.
Which reminds me!
Thanks for listening!
Darlene - Kap's Mom leveling the playing field.  At least taking the humps