[IP] Re: driver's license revocation

In a message dated 10/11/00 1:58:53 PM Central Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Has anyone had an issue with the DMV or bureaucracy in attempting to get a
 Driver's License due to their diabetes?  I just moved from TX back to MN
 after a 3 year absence, was pulled over this morning for a speeding ticket,
 truly my fault, and received a citation for driving with a revoked license,
 truly not my fault.   I thought I had a valid driver's license and was not
 even aware of the need for a Doctor's letter of approval for me to drive.  I
 did have one before in MN, right before I left and had no idea I needed to
 renew it to drive. No notification.  I am facing a 30 day suspension, after
 the state receives the county ticket(?) and am hoping my new Dr., who I do
 not care for and is very part time, will sign the papers and forward them in
 a timely manner.  Please share your experiences and advice if you have any.
 I know that the laws are meant to protect us all. I do always test before I
 drive, my control is better with a pump, BUT I am feeling so stifled by and
 angry at this stupid disease!  Just another hassle to face. >>
I had no idea that some states needed a letter from your dr.
That has never happened to me here in MO.  Is this discrimation?
Does everyone with a disability have to have a letter from a dr to get a
license in your state???
I do usually test before i drive just because my cde told me i needed to
while on the pump.

Faith  u
We are all slow drips without coffee