Re: [IP] when to let go

Like many others; I was given full responsiblity when diag at age 9.  I'm
not sure if it did me good or bad form an emotional point of view but it
sure was better than allowing my parents to "help".  By age 15 the doctors
insisted on keeping my parents out of the loop.  By age 18 my parents
though i'd grown out of diabetes!  That's how well I kept it a secret form

I remember that 4 year olds were giving their own shots (under the parents'
supervision) when I was in the hospital in 1974.

IMHO:  Kids must be given full responsiblity as soon as they are able to
handle the math.

Darrin Parker
email @ redacted   Nova Scotia, Canada!