Lynn wrote:

<<Hi, Have any of you had sirens & alarms on your pump because of weed
whacking? The minimed trouble shooter said she gets calls like that often.
She said a magnetic field around the motor causes it to clear the pump's
settings and they recommend you disconnect to weed whack. When this was
news to my (brilliant) CDE, I thought I'd ask the list? If so, what other
tools and household appliances do I have an excuse for avoiding? >>

I've done some weed whacking with a gas powered weed whacker and my
Disetronic was just fine.  No problems with it at all.