Re: [IP] when to let go

Hi Susan,
I am late to this posting but I have a 14 year old who has been on the pump a
year, since she was 13.  High bgs during the night as a result of a bad site
are a common occurrence in our house.  If your daughter can call you by
phone, then she can spend the night out without you.  Plus, the responsible
adult can also help.  At this point, my daughter does all her own site
changes, and my job is to help by keeping her company, getting the supplies
together, putting the strip in the meter, and putting my two cents in when
problem solving and strategizing.  So, you can let her go on overnights.
Equip the adult/her with glucagon, pump supplies, meter and strips, and your
cell phone number.  Sleep with your cell phone by the bed.  After back up
plans such as these, try to forget about it.  It is probably good to get a
break yourself.  And the controlled freedom is always good for kids.
Good Luck,