Re: [IP] static electricity

Static electricity will raise or lower the charge buildup of the pump. This
will not damage it. When SE enters the pump with a mini lightning spark it
begins where it may and is shunted through input protection diodes to the
pump virtual ground. This activity causes the pump to remain in a noise free
Unreliable manufacture is what I suspect of shutting my pump off in the mall.
Because pump errors became common until MM replaced it.
The principle of radiated emmissions is this: everything is an antenna to
radiation. The size of a piece of metal determins what frequency it will
convert to voltage. Given the right frequency and amplitude from a noise
source and lack of shielding around victim equipment a data coruption from an
antenna voltage is possible. But that unlikelyhood would have been cought
during FCC testing and corrected.
I'm glad the designers considered impact and crush resistance too.