[IP] Driver's License Revocation

Has anyone had an issue with the DMV or bureaucracy in attempting to get a
Driver's License due to their diabetes?  I just moved from TX back to MN
after a 3 year absence, was pulled over this morning for a speeding ticket,
truly my fault, and received a citation for driving with a revoked license,
truly not my fault.   I thought I had a valid driver's license and was not
even aware of the need for a Doctor's letter of approval for me to drive.  I
did have one before in MN, right before I left and had no idea I needed to
renew it to drive. No notification.  I am facing a 30 day suspension, after
the state receives the county ticket(?) and am hoping my new Dr., who I do
not care for and is very part time, will sign the papers and forward them in
a timely manner.  Please share your experiences and advice if you have any.
I know that the laws are meant to protect us all. I do always test before I
drive, my control is better with a pump, BUT I am feeling so stifled by and
angry at this stupid disease!  Just another hassle to face.