[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #544

hI ALL, I keep reading on here that new pumpers are going to the hospital for
a day to get pump training. Ive only had my minimed 508 for two months and
the CDE came to my house and was outta here in about 2 and a half hours.  She
didnt even do the saline first. Just hooked me up, explained what I needed to
know to get started, and said to call her with any questions. Now, I will say
that I had my husband and a close friend here to learn with me. The CDE kept
telling me I had a wonderful support group. Maybe that made the difference. I
did call her alot, and when I hated to bother her again, I would call the 24
hour hotline. They were always very patient and helpful.  Im so glad my endo
did not insist on my going to the hospital. I think that would have made the
whole process sound so much more ominous. Oh, by the way, like so many of you
here, the pump has changed my life and I could kick myself for waiting so
long  I am now in the process of getting a pumpers support group going in my
area. Joan Lewis