[IP] Static Electricity and 508

Hi Everyone,
I have been using my new 508 for almost a month now and love it.  The
multiple basal patterns are wonderful and working out just great.
I was sleeping this morning when I had an alarm go off and without my
glasses could not make heads or tails which one it was.  I presses select
and got another alarm which said to reset time.  I went down to the kitchen
and checked the pump out and everything was gone, no time, no basal rates
etc.  So I reset everything and then called MM.  I had a bout with static
electricity!  The first one ever for me in the 1 1/2 yrs on the pump.  They
suggested that I use the leather case that it would protect me from the
static but I love my clip - n- go case and find it hard to switch over to
the leather case.
Now I remember reading about static electricity on the digest before but
have forgotten some of the things that you can do to prevent this from
happening.  If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear from you.
Oh and the weight loss with Richard Simmons program is still going strong.
I have lost 17.5 lbs now and am close to my second goal of 20 lb loss.
dx'd 3/1985
pumping since 4/20/99