[IP] Re: Static Electricity

I'd say don't worry too much about the static electricity. It could happen,
but I would not worry about it as it is not a daily thing.

Most chips are designed and tested to withstand ESD (Electrostatic
Discharge) of anywhere between 2000V and upwards. This number represent a
typical static charge of when you shock yourself.

When the companies test this it is applied directly to the chip pins. I
doubt that you'll ever touch the chip pins on the pump.

I guess after all my ramblings all I'm trying to say is chances are slim.

"The nerdy electrical engineer"