Re: [IP] Okay - I'm rejoicing!

On 9 Oct 2000, at 14:08, Notha Stevens wrote:

> I agree with this message.
> Some diabetics have it easier than others, and those of you who don't
> beleive it is so bad..all I have to say is .....BE THANKFUL!

As hard as I've found the transition this past 6 months or so, I am
frequently VERY thankful that I got diabetes now instead of 30
years ago.  If I had to get it at all.

But I still get very discouraged at times and my husband and his
family have been very supportive (my family gets impatient with it
and really doesn't want to hear anything about it) and I'm thankful
for that too!

And yes, my health has improved dramatically since I got that
horrible wake up call a year ago.  I'm healthier now than I've been
for 10 years or more!  And I'm thankful for that angry part of my
personality too--the part that won't accept defeat so easily.

But I still would rather not have this disease and I still allow myself
my "pity parties" when I need them.

If adversity builds character, then I think I'd rather not have that
much character. :-)