[IP] Re: Restless Legs Syndrome&PNLMD

I and my family have personal experience with RLS and the frequently
accompanying periodic nocturnal limb movement disorder.  Klonipin was
somewhat effective, but insufficient in the long run.  I finally was
desperate enough to spend a night in a sleep lab and the results were
significant.  6 1/2 hours of sleep time with 9 full awakenings, 9 partial
awakenings and an average of 50 "characteristic" leg motions per hour.

As the test might suggest, I was chronically sleep deprived, exhausted and so
irritable with everyone and everything around me that I could hardly stand
myself.  The antiparkinson meds have returned regular sleep to me.  There was
no rebound for me, though this is a problem for some.  My understanding is
that rebound in the daytime can be treated with a twice a day schedule.  My
mother is on a twice daily dose schedule.  As with many medicines, not all
are desirable nor effective for all users, even with the same symptoms.

It has been a blessing for diabetes management.  When my sleep is disturbed,
I often try "comfort" measures...(ie FOOD) to try and help. (Yes I know
better, but my resistance to food is quite low at 2,3,and 4 am)  Now my sleep
is FAR less disturbed and there are very few middle of the night unnecessary
snacks.

You are welcome to email me personally if you like.  However, there is a
reputable RLS organization and it has a website.  I don't have the website
address at the moment, ....if you can't find it let me know and I'll find it
again and send it to you.
Linda