[IP] DM horrible disease - opinion

I have read the series of threads and have learned much about myself along
the way. Every one is different and deals with there "problems" in there own
way and Diabetes does not effect everyone the same either. I have lived with
it for 28 years now and have had times of despair (they still surface) times
that I accept my life the way it is. I don't think I can say being a
Diabetic is better or worse than having Cancer or being an Alcoholic or
having Aids or anything else because I don't deal with those. And I cannot
compare being a Diabetic to not being a Diabetic because I do not remember
what it is like. But, Diabetes and the nasty complications that come along
with it (including the emotional ones) can be devastating. I have made it to
38 without any thing severe but, a person I work with is a Widow at 36
because her Husband died from renal failure, Heart Disease and spent the
last 2 years of his short life in a wheel chair and regular dialysis
sessions (He died at 41). He died from Diabetes. I do not think anyone can
tell his Widow that diabetes is not horrible.
Dx - 1972
MM508 - 5/2000