Re: [IP] (IP) Diabetes horrible?? (My opinion)

Melissa Hoffmann wrote:
> I understand how people can say, "deal with it," "eat healthy," etc.  But
> you know, I would rather have the CHOICE.  Diabetes is not a CHOICE.
> And she always said, "This sucks."

Yup, I fully agree, it sucks. But LIFE sucks. LIFE is not a choice. ALL
KINDS of lousy things happen to people during the course of life.

I don't think anyone will argue with this. We ain't NONE of us got a

So the only thing we can do IS deal with it. As best as we can. Because,
again, we weren't given a choice.

I can think of a lot of cliches to express this -- so I won't quote
them, but I do firmly believe that the ONLY choice we have is to choose
our ATTITUDE and then get on with it.

This happens to be the body I was given -- it ain't a luxury model, and
it's only deteriorated over the years, but it's either do my best to
enjoy life in THIS body, or else kill myself. I already made the choice
NOT to kill myself, so I'm not going to let all my OTHER problems get me

And I CHOOSE not to wallow in self-pity, because it gets me nowhere. I
WILL, however, be pro-active in making the most of what I have, and not
complaining. I also try to be proactive in making the world a better
place -- in Hebrew, it's called Tikun Olam -- fixing the world -- I like
that idea. Contributing to finding a cure for diabetes is part of that
idea, but so are a lot of other activities.

Have at it, kids!
 Type Weird, pumping!
 mailto:email @ redacted