There is a book or two out there about carb counting one is called "The
Glucose Revolution"  (Forgot the author's name) But any reputable bookstore
and the web---
http://www.diabetesnet.com  The Diabetes Mall,  Has them.
Also look into the book "Pumping Insulin" by Walsh and Roberts.

At www.calorieking.com their's a hady little book called "the Doctor's
Pocket Guide to Carbohydrates, Calories and Fats"  I carried it everywhere,
but now just list the food into my Palm IIIc and look it up at home.

While this may not throw your house into a tizzy, will you have any support
at all?

Will your husband understand that for a few days of getting settled onto the
pump and the few weeks of fine-tuning your rates and all be necessary to
years of better control?

I wish I was closer and could come over and let you play with one of my
pumps.  I use the Disetronic as it's waterproof and as a swimmer, that
matters to me.

I've heard good things about the Animas as well though, but I like my
two-pump system. Here in CA we can have earthquakes and I like the Peace of
mind in having the spare pump in my emergency kit....(Yes, I do rotate them
around.) being able to count on it.

I hope this helps you a bit but if you want to email me privately, my addy
is email @ redacted
Pommy Mommy.
Jenny S.